Continue to check this page for possible internship opportunities!
This position will provide opportunities to place association and mission messages in the news media, under the guidance of the Director of Communications. The communications intern will create media material to inform key audiences about Alzheimer’s disease. The position also involves assisting in strategy development to market Chapter services, programs, and fundraising events.
Apply with cover letter and resume to Joanna Rosenthal, Director of Communications - email@example.com.
This position will provide support for all aspects of fundraising including annual campaigns, memorials, corporate sponsorship, major and planned gifts and special events. The development intern will work closely with volunteers in preparation for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
Apply with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boy Scouts of America
The marketing/PR intern will be actively enrolled in a college or university public relations, marketing, communications, advertising or other related program; preferably with at least junior standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, possess an understanding of basic media relations skills, be experienced in social media marketing, have the ability to interact professionally with coworkers and use good judgment. The marketing/PR intern will report to the council’s director of communications and will work with other Scouting professionals. The director of communications will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 15-30 hours a week, most of which can be done virtually.
Responsibilities: We are looking for an unpaid intern to work with us on a wide variety of projects.
- Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, committee meeting summaries, division reports and other materials as directed.
- Carries out special and media event planning activities.
- Attends and participates in committee meetings and volunteer brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Assists with the development and updating of mailing lists and other databases.
- Compiles, edits and sends the monthly eCrossroads newsletter via ExactTarget
- Assists with other projects including design projects, social media monitoring, tracking and updating, and other tasks as needed.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
Emily Elliott at email@example.com
BPS Marketing Spring 2012 Internship
In this internship, you will help with planning, publicizing and promoting for the following clients and events:
- American Dairy Association of Indiana
- Eagle Creek Park Foundation
- Church Brothers Collision Repair
- Outdoor Sports Lake & Cabin Show
- Indiana Flower & Patio Show
- Dayton Home and Garden Show
- Indiana Wine & Grape Council
- Indianapolis Veterinary Emergency Center
Here’s a Rundown of How Your Internship Will Go:
• You will have an opportunity to earn a $250 per month stipend, based on performance.
• You will help us write, edit and service news releases to/for publications.
• You will learn how to establish media relationships and arrange for client interviews,
establish promotional partnerships, pitch to media and negotiate for media exchanges.
• You will learn how to plan, promote and execute client events.
• You will gain knowledge of the every day workings of a full-service creative agency – you
may even be able to help with design, production and/or sponsorship sales.
The internship period would be roughly the beginning of January through the first part of May with a rare evening or weekend. Intern should be available at least 3 days a week (24+hrs).
Qualities and skills we’re looking for…
• Knowledge of AP writing style
• Strong written and communication skills
• Ambitious, positive attitude
• Detail-oriented, organized and ability to multi-task
• Concise persuasive writing, editing, proofreading skills
• Extra-curricular PR experiences
• A solid written portfolio
Finally, we’d like to leave you with a note from a former intern…
“After completing my internship with BPS Marketing, I feel ready to take on anything that is handed to me in my future career. Beginning my first day, I got real-world experience from a very talented staff and was treated as an essential part of the team. Being able to work directly with a variety of clients was a great learning experience for me. My experience taught me so much more about public relations than I ever expected to get out of an internship, and I’m so glad I was given this opportunity.” –Caitlin Monaghan, former intern
Sounds GREAT! How do I apply?
• Send resumes and cover letters via email or mail to Sara Holtz. • BPS Marketing • 9135 N. Meridian St • Suite C-5 • Indianapolis, IN 46260 • 317-846-8965 • firstname.lastname@example.org